Thursday, April 22, 2010

That Time-o-Year Again

Well, it's that time of year again, time to start my garden. Last year you may recall we were living in a house and I had a huge garden area filled with promise. Well, I will admit that things started off strong, but went down hill by the end of the summer because I was so pregnant that I couldn't squat in my yard for very long. The last few months of summer were spent with my feet up sipping on pink lemonade as much as possible.

This year I am without a traditional garden so I am going to have a potted garden on my back porch. I am armed with The Bountiful Container and an enthusiasm for green growing things. I have already hit the ground planting...

seeds

I have a bunch of seeds and some soil. I am one of those people who make a huge mess with potting soil. I try so hard to be clean and efficient, but to no avail. I end up with soil everywhere. Eric thinks it's charming, thank goodness.

Seedlings

I have also found a way to reuse baby food containers, as places to start my seedlings. Don't have baby food containers? Try an ice cube tray.

Are you planting this year? If so what are you growing?

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yep - I need to get some seedlings started too!

AKM said...

I unfortunately know NOTHING about gardening and I often wish I did! Growing up in TN, my parents did tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers. This year my brother is planning on doing strawberries and tomatoes in those Topsy-Turvy hanging things. :-)

Emily said...

Good idea for reusing those baby food containers. I so want to plant a vegetable garden this year, but we'll see how it goes. Have fun playing with potting soil!

..... Carmen said...

I keep thinking I'd like to grow a garden but have never done it.. perhaps this should be the year :)

Stacy said...

I wish I had garden space!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...