Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day Week: Grandma Carol

Today I thought I'd swing over to the other side of the family tree for a moment and share with you my Grandma Carol, she's my father's mother. My Grandma Carol is a lady to her core, she is well-mannered, well spoken, beautiful and kind. She has a giving spirit and she passed it on to her children.

Karen, Sue, G-pa George, G-ma Carol
My aunts Karen and Sue, my father (check out the white belt), my Grandpa George, and Grandma Carol

This statuesque beauty lived the life of a farm wife, raising her children in rural Northern Montana. If you know her you might not imagine that she would be at home on a farm, but she did make it a home. All you have to do is watch my father walk around the farm now and know what kind of a home she made it back then. She raised three wonderful children. My father is a good man and I firmly believe that behind that good man is a good mother!

Carol in Barley field 2004
My Grandma Carol more recently

Lest you think that my Grandma Carol is just a farm wife let me tell you that this woman is more well-traveled than most. I remember as a child I received gifts from her travels around the world!!

She has a network of family and friends who love her deeply and admire this woman of quiet independence, tremendous strength in loss, love without limits (I absolutely mean no limits), and a life of faith. She has been such an example to her children, grandchildren and now great grandchild with her poise and beauty, her kindness and love. I see it stamped all over my family, a legacy of love.

6 comments:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Maria! I love that you are posting about each of the wonderful women that are a part of you & a part of Cordelia. What a legacy of wonderful women in your family...love it!

Stacy said...

I'm with Elizabeth! It's great!

elizabeth said...

so fun to read about your grandma and great grandma!

and i know that you are enjoying putting these posts together! thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

What a beautiful tribute! :)

eLiZaBeTh said...

P.S. I was nominated for a Stiletto Award and I am passing in onto you. You are an excellent blogger and I love reading your blog everyday...you know that it helps me get through my days in this place! lol

http://soulsweetness.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blog-award.html

Gypsy said...

You again said it so beautifully. Grandma Carol has an inner strength like no other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...