Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I just realized I forgot to tell you about my very first mother's day. So here it is in all of it's glory.

I woke up in the morning to a sweet smiling baby face and Cordelia was there too. Eric and I often write notes to each other on the bathroom mirror and I found this one first thing in the morning.

Mirror note

I was gifted with this sewing book. Wahoo, more to learn in the sewing world.

Cordelia and I

My daughter and I spent the day together, as is our usual habit. I was hoping she'd crawl, but still not quite there.

For the afternoon my mother came over. We gave her cards and a gift. Then Eric my mom and I went out for coffee (my dad had to head out of town). Then my mom and I bought each other mother's day dresses. She got a flouncy polka dot number and I got a couple of nice dresses that I can nurse in (always a wardrobe consideration now). I also passed on a couple of items because I though, "I can just make that."

Oh and my mom got Cordelia the cutest little outfit, looks old school Parisian. Photos will come fast and furious I'm sure!

Mom and Sam

Finally we met up with my youngest brother Sam and had a yummy Mexican dinner. Cordelia was definitely over it, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves. Overall it was a wonderful day! I got to feel super special which is always good. I certainly feel like I am now part of a secret society, us mothers like to give each other knowing smiles and reassuring winks. Nice stuff.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

What a sweet and Happy Mother's Day!

Emily said...

We need to invent a "motherhood secret handshake." Let's work on that and see if it can sweep the nation. :)

sophie said...

Glad you had a wonderful mother's day! I am digging Cordelia's outfit, she looks great in red like her mum!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...