Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom

This has been a big year for my mother and I. Since I became a mother myself I have gotten to see my mother in a new light. Obviously I already knew that this woman is absolutely amazing. Seriously people you have no idea. How do I say this, you know when you become an adult and you realize that your parents are just people? Well, I did that and was pretty much amazed that they were just people.

Sue.Struck.Feb.1981[7 months pregnant with Maria Rose]
My mom pregnant with me

Anyway, I have gotten a little taste of all that my mother did for me since before I even knew what it meant. I have always known her love and felt her comfort, unwavering.

This year has been amazing. My mother has been there every step of the way, as always. She has been there to listen as I went through pregnancy. She went to doctors appointments and ultrasounds, always making sure that it was what Eric and I wanted. She never would overstep her boundaries.

She was there in the delivery room, supporting me almost invisible, just a quiet comfort in the room. She even cut the umbilical cord (Eric did not want to). When we came home from the hospital she stopped in to cook food, fill up the fridge and then she was gone.

She has been there every step of the way as I mother my daughter, giving me constant encouragement and support just when I need it most.

While she has done all of this for me she has continued to give of herself to my brothers, her husband, her family, her work, her friends. She donates her time, her blood, her long hair. She will do anything for anyone in need and she will do it with love. She rarely discusses these things because that's the type of person she is, but I want to toot her horn for her.

IMG_4559
My mom holding Cordelia last September

I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing woman, but I am thankful every single day.

I love you Mom! Thank you!

4 comments:

Gypsy said...

You are making me cry! I love you also. My dream was always to have a great husband and children to love. My vague dream of all that turned out even better than I'd hoped. My life is full and I feel very loved, appreciated and blessed indeed! Thank-you.

Court said...

Awww, how sweet! Happy mommy day 2 u!

affectioknit said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom!

Robin said...

Your Mom is a rockstar! Happy Mother's Day to her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...