Thursday, May 13, 2010

Project: Tri-Cornered Table

A few years ago Eric and I were wandering around a thrift store in Denver, looking for something to rescue. We happened to find a tri-cornered table for $3 (why is it that I can remember how much we paid for it). It was pretty cool, just had old fabric around the edges. Well, one thing led to the next and we didn't replace the fabric...until now.

Triangle table

You can see that cats had attacked the fabric, it was that way when we got it and then our cats added the finishing touches.

At work 2

We removed the ancient fabric, yes it was ancient and also gross.


At Work

Next I cut out the new fabric. While I was at the fabric store earlier in the day I called Eric and asked if he had anything in mind. He said "Maybe something that sticks with our mid-century look. How about a mustard yellow?" I love a man with an artistic opinion and my hubby is an artist so thank goodness he has an opinion because I was pretty much overwhelmed by the fabric. You know how it is in a fabric store, too many possibilities. Textures, prints, weaves, it can all be too much for any good decisions to be made. So, I took his direction and found a lovely golden velvety fabric.

New Table

After a collaborative effort, a couple of vegan burritos, some Cordelia play time, a little Roxy Music and a couple of hours we had the tri-cornered table revamped and on display.

11 comments:

Love is Blind said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you feel like you were on an episode of HGTV when you were doing it? I recently painted a couple of rooms in my house & it totally felt like HGTV. Perhaps I'm overdosing on HGTV?

affectioknit said...

That is AWESOME! I love that table and the new yellow colour - so funny that the previous owner had cats too...

eLiZaBeTh said...

Looks awesome! I love seeing your projects:)

Hello Lindello said...

wow thats so cool. ive never seen a table like that before. nice work!

Pam Brewer said...

Do you suppose you remember it was $3 because it has 3 corners?!

Maria Rose said...

Ha Pam, that's what Eric said!

Emily said...

Love it! The yellow is just perfect.

Tammie said...

love it!

Stacy said...

Nice... I love projects like that!! And I totally agree with Pam. You remember the price because it was $1 a side.

The Cooking Lady said...

I love thrift shopping, garage sale-ing, free-cycling things. It gives me joy to know I am saving the landfills, one item at a time.

sophie said...

love, love, love! you guys are awesome. I would look at a project like that and just think 'too hard!!" it's so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...