Monday, May 10, 2010

Project

In my quest to become a sewing master, or at least to just be able to hold my own if I were to get into a life and death sewing showdown, I have made a new diaper bag.

Our old diaper bag was sort of dangerous, it had these sharp metal clasps that cut Eric and I a few times. So I decided to go soft and non-threatening (unless you are threatened by a bold print) with this bag.

Maria and Bag

I think the whole project took just a couple of hours in total, just up my alley since my attention is often taken by other, more pressing matters.

Maria Cordelia and Bag

Yesterday I took it for a test run, success! Cordelia was even briefly distracted by the ambitious pattern as I tried on a dress in the dressing room of a department store.

Cordelia and Bag

I should mention that I used the instructions from Sew What! Bags by Lexi Barnes.

What have you made recently?

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the pattern!. btw are u guys always that color coordinated? Kudos to you if u are able to do that...

Maria Rose said...

Chrissy, no we aren't. We do own a lot of red black and white, so sometimes it works out, but it's not really intentional!

Robin said...

That turned out really cute!

Tammie said...

ooh i love it. the fabric is gorgeous.

..... Carmen said...

Ok - I LOVE that bag! I need to go sew myself one I think :)

Stacy said...

LOVE IT!!! So pretty!

On my way Home... said...

Cool! Well done!

Emily said...

I am impressed! That would take me a lot longer than a few hours to make! Cute fabric too!

affectioknit said...

That's an awesome bag! I'm somewhat addicted to totes myself...

sophie said...

It's really cute Maria, I love it - well done! I am not a big fan of making bags, I don't have a lot of confidence in that area so when I see hand made bags I am always impressed!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...