Monday, May 31, 2010

Sewing, Close To 1,000, and Carnival Fish

For Mother's Day Eric (and Cordelia) got me the book Sew Anything Workshop by Diana Rupp. Diana Rupp wrote the book as an extension of her sewing for beginners workshop. While I'd call myself a nearly intermediate seamstress I decided to start this book from the very beginning. I am working through even the smallest, simplest projects and going up a bit. So far (sew far) I've learned a few new tips and tidbits that only a pro could teach. I am really excited about the whole thing. So excited in fact that I am making two of everything with the plan to give away some of the projects on this very blog.

sew

You see my daily blogs have been adding up over the years and I am swiftly approaching my 1,000th blog! While I am preparing gifts and such to give away I think I will also give away a copy of this fun sewing book. So keep posted and in about a month we'll have a big blog celebration with gifts and fun. Like a blog carnival....actually not carnival-esque at all.

***Side note***I once went to a carnival in South Dakota and won two fish. My parents let me go with an uncle and they were not pleased that he brought me back with fish. My parents toted those two goldfish all the way back to Montana in a large cup, then a bowl, then a tank. The fish were named Lighting and Shiner (I was young, don't judge me). Anyway they lived long happy goldfish lives. ***End of side note***

5 comments:

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

I have my mom's old sewing machine - sure wish I knew how to use it. It's been sitting in my closet since Alex and I moved here six years ago...

Tammie said...

oohi cant wait for your blog celebration!

..... Carmen said...

Sounds like an awesome book! I look forward to the 'blog carnival' :) Are some of the prizes sewn fish? ;)

Stacy said...

1000!!!! Impressive my friend!! Can't wait to celebrate with you.

sophie said...

1000 posts? That's amazing! That sewing book is the first sewing book I ever bought and I love it!! I love the way she writes, everything seems doable doesn't it?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...