Monday, May 24, 2010

What We Did This Weekend

Well, this was a quiet and lovely weekend. Lots of time spent with my family, hanging out with my hubby and daughter, parents and youngest brother.

Windmill

Saturday morning Eric, Cordelia, Bumblebee, and I drove across town to the local master gardener's sale. We met my mother there and enjoyed picking out plants. I got some more thyme and tomatoes, some rosemary, and cabbage. My mother picked a bunch of lamb's ear for a particularly tricky patch of her yard.

plant sale

Later in the day Sam joined us and we all toured an old historic home. I love looking at older homes. This one was particularly interesting because someone had lived in it until 1997 so there was a mix of old and new, so Wyoming!

Sunday was a bit more laid back, but we did watch the finale of Lost. Anybody else on board with that? What did you think of the finale? I decided that the vague finale was best, I couldn't have been satisfied with any firm answers.

Did you get sucked in or do you have a life? What did you do this weekend?

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

sounds like fun, maria... hope your mother has good luck w/the lamb's ear.. somehow i always kill it!.. this weekend my girls and i attended a charity event Share Our Strength- which feeds the hungry... u can check out my latest post if u like.

elizabeth said...

yay for new plants! :)

we went camping! pictures to come soon on my blog. :)

Stacy said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! I went strawberry picking yesterday... completely wonderful.

redhoney76 said...

The ending (Vincent the dog killed me-boohoo!) actually reminded me of one of the most important things I have ever learned. That, when we remember that all that is really required of us as humans is to love, and to be kind, and love some more-tht everything else is just a task, background noise, busy work. I.E. Pushing buttons, polar bears, magnetic forces, white pebbles/black pebbles, this boat, that plane..did any of it matter? Nope. But finding the ones you love and getting to just love them -that is the reality-and the final destination.
I know-it's TV. But I'm proud of TV for "stepping out of it's box" pun intended.
TOOO many commercials, though (again, like life!)

Emily said...

Ok, I just posted the same question on my blog before I came over here to read yours! Great minds think alike! I too thought a vague ending was best. It leaves a little to the imagination which is what the whole series managed to do. I think Mike wanted solid answers, however, so he was a little more disappointed. Overall, we thought it was good, though. I even teared up a bit at the end. *sniff, sniff* Did you watch the cast on Jimmy Kimmel?

..... Carmen said...

I watched the re-cap portion with Nate, then headed for bed. Nate on the other hand, stayed up until 12:30 am and watched the whole thing. Not being a Lost fan prior he was... well, rather Lost - lol. I enjoyed listening to him tell me all about it today though! :) Sounds like you had a lovely weekend :)

Ciciolina said...

very good ..
it's interesting for me, thank you .

Our Green Nest said...

I liked it (I think) and definitely got all teary with everyone remembering each other! I'm glad it's over...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...