Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Editing My Life

With my thesis written, YES WRITTEN!!, and with the editing process well underway I am coming out of my trance. What do I see?

Well, it's a huge mess. I have totally neglected more than the most basic of housecleaning chores over the past couple of weeks. I feel like I am camping or something; I am even in that if-y area of needing a shower (in case you wanted just a tad too much info). The recycling is out of control, the vac has been sitting idly in the corner, pet hair reigns.

Cordelia and I

This morning it is on! I am a cleaning machine. It's not even 8am and I've already mopped, that is just how serious I am. I feel like I've just come home at the end of a long and exhausting journey. Once things are back in order I can settle back in to creativity.

I think maybe that's been the most difficult part of the thesis completion process. I have had to put off my creativity. Every idea and whim has been put on the back burner and I am kind of proud of that. Mostly because I found it to be incredibly difficult.

Anyway, I am going to wash the dirty business of thesis writing off and get back to it.

  • I need to catch up with my blogger buddies.
  • Um, shower!
  • Clean the entire house, top to bottom.
  • Work on art.
  • Sew.
  • Edit my cookbook.
  • Work on my other writing projects.
  • Hang out and play with Cordelia.
What are your plans for today?

8 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

Brilliant! I celebrate the finish of Any major paper, but your Thesis Is Big! Congratulations! Don't forget a little pampering- you deserve it after such an endeavor!

AKM said...

How long IS a thesis, BTW? (I'm kind of relieved that I don't have to do one for my MSW.) At any rate, congrats to you, missy! Now go shower, hee hee!

Maria Rose said...

My thesis is around 50 pages when it's all said and done, not sure yet as there is still formatting to do. It's a publishable paper, so it's crazy intense.

Emily said...

We are having car drama today. Boo! So I am stuck at home. Oh well. I need to do some cleaning, make a grocery list, clean out Lucas' closet (make a giveaway pile of too small clothes), and of course play/snuggle these little ones of mine!

affectioknit said...

CONGRATULATIONS! on finishing your thesis and best wishes on your other projects!

Daphne said...

Congratulations! I helped my partner with her dissertation and I know how draining and all-consuming it can be. Don't work too hard, now. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Can't wait to hear more about it.
paisley

C. said...

In the middle of your crazy busy day...lol I would like to invite you to read something fun!

www.extantwoman.wordpress.com

Have a great day!
Charli =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...