Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life To DO List II

Last year almost to the day I made a life To DO list and I thought today I'd like to add to it, since I am still pretty much on the same page as I was a year ago. So here are a few additions to the life list:

I want to be an awesome vegan baker. I can cook, but baking just sort of started about a year ago. I am gaining confidence, thanks to EnerG Egg Replacer! I am slowly working up the courage to try layered cakes.

I want to have shows of my art more regularly. I took a long break with the whole baby/move/thesis combo, but now it's time to get back on track. Eric and I are meeting with a gallery owner next week! We're planning a show in the not too distant future!

I want to raise a daughter who has a healthy body image. I feel like this has to start with my perception of my own self. I have been working on this for years and now it's time to put it into practice.
  • I try to graciously accept compliments, even when I don't entirely agree. Why do women tend to put themselves down when they receive a compliment? Makes me sad.
  • I try to eat healthy and exercise, but also indulge occasionally...trying for a healthy balance.
  • I try my hardest not to put myself down, this is a tough one, but probably the most important.
Hopefully she will just grow up thinking she is as beautiful and wonderful as I think she is...and I truly hope she see's others with a kind eye as well.

Continue my battle to live without nail polish. I haven't caved yet! I had a weak moment recently when I saw a girl with beautiful toenails that looked like little apples on the end of her feet (it was pretty, my description sounds a bit creepy). I thought, maybe I could just wear nail polish on my toes. Then I had a flash back to when toenail polish left my toenails yellow, looking like the toes of a 90 year old man. Victory for one battle, but the war still continues.

gentle donkey

I really want to rescue a gentle donkey. Have I mentioned how much I love me a gentle donkey (oh yeah here and here) ? I don't actually know what I want to do with a gentle donkey but in my mind's eye we sit in sweet green grass on a hillside. I will sip pink lemonade and the gentle donkey will gentle nuzzle me and ask for a treat, also the gentle donkey talks in my little daydream...anyway...

I want to buy a home. We keep getting closer, but then something happens and we back off. I am ready to be done with renting, but for now at least we have a place to call home.

I want to make sure my friends and family feel loved and appreciated, this is very important to me.

Have all of my teeth throughout my life. I am not talking about hanging onto to snaggle teeth, but rather taking such good care of my teeth that at my funeral (at the ripe old age of 116) I temporarily blind a few people with their vibrancy, not that people should be looking at teeth at a funeral, but you get the idea.

Anyway I think this list is slowly slipping into nonsense. Maybe we should just hear from you, my dear reader, what's on your life to do list?

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet list! and sweet donkey!

Abigail Jasmine said...

Lovely blog here!

I love life-lists..I actually wrote one out thee other day!

I'd love to be a great vegan-baker, too! :)

Do share your great recipes and yummy-ness!

<3

Daphne said...

Your list is so adorable. All your teeth! What a good goal! :)

I agree with you on the body image thing... it takes a long time. I've been seriously working on it for about 6-8 years (like, consciously working on it) and it's getting much easier but I still fall off the wagon sometimes.

I'm curious about your nail polish aversion. I can't wear polish on my fingernails (it chips almost immediately) but I love to wear it on my toenails. I always put on a 'shield' coat of clear before putting polish on. That seems to help with any discoloration.

Maria Rose said...

Daphne, I never did an undercoat...too lazy perhaps. Mostly I am just too impatient to let things dry properly. I also chip everything always!

Stacy said...

Body image has been on my mind a lot recently. I think, for the most part, I have a pretty healthy body image and I wish that was the case with more people.

I love the donkey one. My cousin, when he got engaged,gave his wife an engagement miniature horse instead of a ring. (Random story for today.)

Momma CupKate said...

I have just created my own to-do list, (which has entirely to do with bettering myself and nada to do with ... you know ...travel, shopping, lol.)

Loved and adored the thanks-for-reading-my-blog gifts! What a great treat for doing something I already love!

Ben said...

That will be the creepiest funeral ever if the mortician poses you with your mouth open and smiling.

sophie said...

I think raising my girls is an ongoing 'to do' priority for me. I seem to go from one to the other as they need me but I love doing that. I want a paid job - money right now means opportunities and I want lots of opportunities. I would like to be more organised, that would be awesome, to actually feel like I was in control of my life!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...