Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Long Hike and 1,000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was hot, like crazy hot. I had only our toilet fountain to cool me down (still waiting on the plumber). So I was looking forward to getting up out of this and into the cool mountain air. My friend Sarah invited me to join her and another lady for a nice long hike.

Sweet Eric was worried that it would be really hot up on the mountain and left me a reminder note for water. He took Cordelia and retreated to my parent's air conditioned home.

So, up the mountain we went. My two new gal pals (can I really call them gal pals when I had just met one of them?) and I taking on the trail. OK, the hike was only a couple of hours and about 5 miles, and it wasn't too intense or anything.

stream
Stream along the way

sun in trees
Sunlight through the trees

tunnel
Path goes between boulders

view
The view

flower
Flower along the way

stream
Crossing the stream again

rocky crag
Rocky crag

As you can see it was beautiful. Ah, nature. I left the mountain feeling happy and contented, part of a bigger picture. I love that feeling.

Oh yeah, it's my 1,000th post!!!!!!!!! I have been writing for quite some time. I have had such a fun week, hearing from all of you! I can't wait to announce the winners later today. I wish I was rich and you could all win, but I am not so there will be only seven winners. This is your last chance to enter. Leave a comment today before 6pm mountain time. I will announce the winners shortly after that!! Please forgive me if it's a wee bit later, we're waiting on the plumber this evening, so it's all up to his schedule.

19 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your blog is one of the first things I go to at work in the morning! It makes my day!

Momma CupKate said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you for giving my day a little head start every morning, and I look forward to a thousand more!

And oh my stars, those pictures are achingly beautiful! What an enchanting place to dwell!

Genevieve said...

Congrats on 1000!

char said...

You are one committed blogger! Hope the plumber shows up!

Brittany said...

I just recently moved to Colorado. When people say mountain time I get so excited because it is not "texas time" which if you live there people think Texas has its own time zone. Anyways! Congratulations!!!! and thank you for taking time everyday to give a little piece to everyone!

eLiZaBeTh said...

Congratulations Maria!! I am so proud of you! I used to read your blog every morning from my lovely desk at you-know-where...until I got fired on thursday...oops! It is really been a blessing, as this round peg could no longer force herself to fit into a square hole. So, I will be happily checking it from home until I find a new job.

You are a wonderful blogger & I love reading what you have to say. You always make me laugh:)

greendoorproject said...

congrats on the 1000th post!! boo for broken toilets! yah for beautiful hikes. boo for hot, muggy weather. and a final hooray...well, just because!! =)

Emily said...

Congrats on your 1,000th post! I so admire your discipline to write every single day, and share the beauty of everyday little things. And I'm so glad for our friendship as well. Hope the toilet gets fixed tonight! I'm sure you guys are ready to not have the fountain anymore.

Stacy said...

Happy 1000 post!!

And I know exactly what you mean about nature... that's the very reason I love having a wooded area two blocks from my home.

Tammie said...

first of all, your plumber totally sucks.

second, congrats on post 1000!

third, the hike looks like fun and the view is gorgeous.

fourth, you need to come to oregon. its 59 degrees right now.

the dwellers said...

Happy 1000 blog post!

And super YAY for a fun day with new friends!

Victoria said...

Congrats Maria!!! YOU deserve a prize!!! Love Always...V

moonmother said...

I'm just happy that we still get to keep in contact. I think that is the benefit of being raised military is that you really know how to treasure friendships you make along the way. You know I love reading your blog and seeing your happy family.

AKM said...

Aww, "mountain time." Someday I hope to make that MY time zone. :-)

Yay for 1000 posts! I'm pretty sure that I have read each and every one at one time or another. Every morning, your blog provides a boost to my spirit like my coffee provides a boost to my mind. Hee hee, that sounds kind of hokey, but it's true. There have been some times in the past few years when I have really needed some pick-me-ups, and your writing always provides that for me. Perhaps someday we can meet in person -- COME VISIT ST. LOUIS! -- but until then I consider you a friend whom I've just not actually met yet. A thousand blessings to you and your fabulous family! Thanks again.

(((HUGS)))

AKM

Anonymous said...

For starters I hope your toilet is fixed by the time you read this.

I just wanted to say it has been so enjoyable reading your blog everyday. You are always so positive and creative. It is a wonderful start to my day, and inspirational as well.
Happy 1,000th post.

paisley

Michelle said...

Oh no!! I missed the deadline! I worked last night and just woke up!!

6 out 7 isn't to bad though :D

Gypsy said...

I am proud of you for so many things and your blog is one of them. Mom

..... Carmen said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! That's awesome :)

Robin said...

Congrats on your 1000th post!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...