Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Five

Today I thought I would go back to the beginning and focus on the little things that are big in my life.

1) Right now I have a little girl rolling around on the floor next to me. She is speaking in her own little language, complete with sound effects. She has put her pacifier in upside down and is looking to me for a reaction, a smile on her face, waiting for me to laugh at her little joke.

2) The huge amount of photos we took of Bumblebee wearing the 4th of July hat makes me smile. Why is it so hilarious to put human clothes on animals?
Basset

3) We have friends coming from out of town today! Our first over night visitors since Cordelia was born, that is kind of a long time for us. We generally have guests once a month or more. I am happily preparing them a guest room (in Cordelia's room-she'll sleep in our room). I want to go all out with a little welcome basket. If you want to learn more about one of our guests go here.

4) I had a long coffee and conversation with my husband last night. Cordelia was sleeping so we drank our coffee and then went for a drive around town, it was lovely. I always get so inspired when we get to talking.

5) It is a beautiful overcast day. I love overcast days. I feel my creative juices flowing.

What are your 5 little things that are big today?

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yep - dogs in clothes are funny!

Stacy said...

Lovely things!! I'll have to think about my five... right now, lunch is looming.

Emily said...

1. My sleeping five year old girls3
2. My walking boy who is still awake!
3. A delicious dinner in my belly
4. A good book waiting for me on my nightstand
5. Gentle rain falling outside

Have fun with your friends!!

Robin said...

My little man times 5!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...