Friday, July 30, 2010

A Night Out

Last night, as the cool air settled in after a hot summer day, we headed to the local park to watch the city band perform. We were eager to distract Cordelia from her current discomfort, teeth-two of them. So we figured at a lot of distraction would be the way to go. We went to the weekly concerts in the park a few times last year and it was high time we visited it once again.

We sat down next to some folks from a local nursing home and they were equally taken with Cordelia and Bumblebee, apparently Eric and I weren't particularly impressive to them.

Sitting on the blanket
At the show

On the go
On the go

With Bee
Pettin' the Beast

At show
Watching the show

Smooches
Eric and Cordelia

Ring
I finally got my rings back!

walking
Dancing

Swinging
Finished off the night with a good time on the swings

How did you spend your evening?

8 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

Great photos and pretty rings!

Stacy said...

Well, I'd be distracted from teething if I were Cordelia! Looks like a fun time.

I baked a tomato pesto pizza and relaxed on the couch last night.

Our Green Nest said...

Looks perfect!!

AKM said...

Looks like a fun night! I adore your rings!

Last night I watched a rerun of Stevie Wonder's Gershwin Award celebration from last year. It seemed much more restrained than Paul McCartney's the other night! I wonder if the Obamas took a look at last year's and said, "Okay, we need to rock out a bit more next year..." LOL!

Tammie said...

oh i love free, low-key stuff like this.

yay for fitting rings!

and your sunglasses are the best. i love giant, face covering sunglasses. you know, to remain on the downlow from all the paparazzi that are always hounding me. ;)

Maria Rose said...

Tammie, with all of our newscaster sightings I really my paparazzi glasses!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

That looks like fun! I wish they had more fun stuff here in the summer. I think it is just too gross here during this time of year...eek! Thankfully fall is coming soon, then the fun begins!

last night the hubs and I stumbled upon a park we didn't know existed and took a nice walk. They even had a butterfly garden and some wild blackberries growing.

sophie said...

Cordelia is really walking!! What happened to that little baby!! I love your rings Maria, they are really pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...