Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sam

Sam, Cordelia and I

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega



Dear Sam,

Happy birthday, the last year before people start calling you an adult. I wish you every happiness life has to offer. Your are a good person and I am thankful to call you my family!

Love,
Sister

10 comments:

AKM said...

Happy birthday Sam!

I love that quote. I'm stealing it and sending it to my brother. :-)

Tammie said...

happy birthday sam!

(danggit i hate being an only child!)

E.K. said...

Happy B-day to my favorite tweenager, Da Weaz. Love - Dragonslayer

elizabeth said...

oh goodness!
since i've been here, you've hiked, posted 1,000 + posts, put up pictures of peanuts and your beautiful girl and cute doggie, and just had more wonderful days!

i've had wonderful days, too - just away from here . . . :)

yep - the birthday quote you found rocks! i hope sam realizes what a wonderful sister he has. ;)

Momma CupKate said...

I hope my 2 have this kind of relationship!

Momma CupKate said...

This may not be the most apropos place to ask, but on the subject of birthdays, my little will be 5 in 17 days. Do you have a vegan recipe for angel food cake that is good and actually works? (He wants a raspberry creme cake, but I haven't the faintest idea What that is, so I'm improvising with angel food and raspberries.) I'd like to try it vegan-style, though/

Maria Rose said...

Fellow vegan blogger Affectionknit has a recipe for vegan angel food cake!
http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2010/01/vegan-angel-food-cake.html

Stacy said...

Happy birthday Sam!

Momma CupKate said...

Sweet! (LOL, Literally. I tried one last week that I found on allrecipes.com, but it was beyond wretched.) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

great quote and a happy birthday to your brother

paisley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...