Friday, August 13, 2010

Bob Dylan

Yesterday evening Eric, Cordelia and I met up with my dad and brother Sam to see a Bob Dylan concert. Also showing were the Dough Rollers (rumor has it that a member of that band is Harrison Ford's son) and John (formerly Cougar, until the word cougar had a different implication ) Mellencamp. We went purely for Dylan.

The concert was outdoors and we sat far enough away that I hoped Cordelia's ears would be safe from the noise. The show was definitely family oriented. We saw tons of kids dancing (and one doing jumping jacks) to the music. Cordelia was bopping and grooving to the music for most of the evening.

C and I
Cordelia and I

scene
The stage

daad
My dad, enjoying the show

Dylan
Bob Dylan

When Bob Dylan started I only got to stay for a few songs as Cordelia became instantly exhausted. By the way, Bob Dylan sounds very different than he once did, just so you're prepared in the event that you go to see him in concert. So Sam accompanied me home and we spent the rest of the evening sharing some brother-sister time as Cordelia slept soundly.

What did you do last night?

7 comments:

Genevieve said...

It looks like it was a great outdoor concert. I saw Bob Dylan when I was 7 but I don't remember much.
Last night we celebrated my daughter's 9th Birthday, there was so much good food & fun.

AKM said...

Last night I watched the Wizards of Waverly Place movie. Stress has caused me to regress and watch lots of cartoons and the Disney Channel lately. ;-)

So Dylan sounds different. Does that mean he sounds, um, better or worse? I liked his work with the Traveling Wilburys a great deal. I've seen Mellencamp and he puts on a great show.

Momma CupKate said...

Cordelia is already cooler than I am.

Maria Rose said...

He sounds sort of like a blues singer now, a raggedy, rough voice. It isn't bad, just different.

affectioknit said...

FUN - I love a good concert!

Stacy said...

Awww, this sounds so fun! I love outdoor concerts in the summer.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

OOO! That looks like fun. Dylan is so great :)

Last night the hubs and I went to go see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It was so good, definitely go see it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...