Friday, August 6, 2010

A Few Prayers Would Be Appreciated

My mom is sick with a nasty bacterial infection. She said I could mention it here on my blog as long as I assure you that she could be much worse off. She's a nurse and it's difficult for her to be the one receiving care, she's such a giver. Anyway if you wouldn't mind sending a little prayer or some good thoughts her way it would be much appreciated. We love her so much.

hospital
With my dad at the hospital

When I visited her in the hospital last night I told her not to get any bed sores, just in case. I also told her a little story to cheer her up (though she was in remarkably good spirits) and I thought maybe I'd share it with you too.

Yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with my brother Ben, giving him an update (he's in Phoenix). Cordelia was mostly asleep in my arms, when the doorbell rang. Suddenly Cordelia was awake, Bumblebee was thrilled. I asked Ben to hold on while I answered the door. I had the chain lock on (I promised Eric not to answer the door for strangers) and opened the door for a teenage boy.

I knew the kid was selling something. I was just letting him get through it because I didn't want to be rude and cut him off. Here is sort of how it went down:

Teenage Boy: Have you ever heard of Le Cordon Blue?

Me: The culinary school?

TB: Right on! (He offered his hand for a high 5 through the slightly opened door).

Me: Umm (I look to Cordelia, Bumblebee who is sticking her head through the door and whining, and then to the phone).

TB: So, have you ever heard of tiramisu?

Me: Um, yeah, but I am a vegan.

TB: (A pause, just long enough that I could tell he'd gone off script. He peered at blond haired blue eyed me for a moment) I thought you looked like you were a different ethnicity.

Me: (Silent shock????!?!?!?!?!? We're in Wyoming the blandest, least racially diverse, place on the planet)

The conversation continued on and I think I am buying magazines from him...
_____________________________________________________
________________________________
__________________
Anyway, as you can see we're all still joking around and trying not to be too serious about this, but none-the-less I would appreciate your prayers, thoughts, etc. She's my mom.

10 comments:

Tammie said...

HA HA HA HA! The conversation continued and I think I am buying magazines from him.HA.

really though, since ive ben reading here for a few years now, i feel sorta like i know your mom. i really hope she gets better soon. i'll be thinking of her and sending good thoughts her way.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

omg, prayers and positive energy being sent from me!... your mom is strong, she will get through this..
as far as the boy, I had that happen to me too.. my husband found out and had the magazines cancelled... would u believe this kid even had a fake southern accent? we heard him get into this car and he sounded as Californian as ever!. lol

Emily said...

I will definitely pray for her. I hope she is better very soon. :)

affectioknit said...

Your Mom is in our prayers! I hope she is better soon! That is a funny story - sure to cheer her up!

AKM said...

Happy positive thoughts for your mama! I'm sure all will go well.

The whole exchange with the kid at the door reminds me of Office Space..."What am I going to do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe?!?!" Heheheheh!

daphne said...

Sending good healing thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

I will be sending healing thoughts and prayers her way. So sorry your momma isn't feeling good.

paisley

Sarah Kramer said...

Sending your Mum lots of healing love!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Hope she gets better soon! The hubs and I will keep her in our prayers :)

sophie said...

That is a great story...

So sorry to hear about your mum. Because I am catching up on your blog (I have been AWOL for a long time), I am reading newest to oldest so just hearing about this now. Your mum is such a beautiful lady, my thoughts are with you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...