Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hospital Update and Roller Derby Names

Sunset

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words, prayers and concerns. My mother is still in the hospital. I couldn't be there with her all day, as I am not allowed to bring Cordelia in to see her. So, while Eric was at work I cleaned, I baked, I crafted, I walked, just keeping myself busy.

When I finally got to visit her yesterday we had to once again don the blue coverall things and blue gloves. My dad said that he heard a chaplain call the process smurfing up.

We chatted with my mom for a bit, she'd had company all day long, so we wanted her to sleep. While we were there I happened to have a thumb wrestling match with my dad and I won for the very first time ever. I used a move I now call Blue Lightning. It was kind of awesome and I am sure my mother completely forgot her illness...OK maybe not, but she smiled politely at our attempts to amuse her with our tomfoolery.

The current status is that she is still in the hospital, but there are hopes that she will be able to go home late today. The recovery process won't happen overnight, but she said she is feeling better than when she was first admitted. So, that's where we are. Very optimistic, of course.

Last night, after I came home from the hospital, Eric and I watched Whip It, a movie about roller derby. After the movie, as I lay in bed, I couldn't stop my brain. I was searching for cool roller derby names. Eric joined me. Here are a few of the names we came up with:
  • Guilllo-tina
  • Bruise Willis
  • Meryl Streets
  • Queen Elizabeat-down
  • Janet Jacknife
  • Julia Wilds
Have you got any cool roller derby names?

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

So glad your Mom is feeling some better! Congratulations on the big win! and your roller derby names are AWESOME!

Stacy said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

First of all, I am glad your mom is coming home...Hopefully they figured this out and she is on the mend- permanently... I like Bruise Willis.. that is funny...

Emily said...

I'm fond of Queen Elizabeat-down. Funny! Glad your mom is doing better today.

E.K. said...

How about the roller derby name Holly Goroughly for all you Breakfast at Tiffany's fans.

On my way Home... said...

Glad to hear your mom is feeling better!

Momma CupKate said...

A) I am quite taken with roller derby.

B) We're wishing your mum a happy, hospital-free life from here on out.

bel said...

I was away and just read about your mom. I'm glad she is doing better.

Also, Queen Elizabeat-down is my favorite of you RD names.

Robin said...

No cool names, but the movie was good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...