Thursday, August 26, 2010

How Could We Ever...



Cordelia

The other day Cordelia and I were visiting my mother while my dad was at work and Sam was at school. We stood out back on the deck and my mom asked the question we've all asked many times in the past (almost) year,"How could we ever have thought our family was complete without this little girl?"

How could we ever have thought that life was complete without her mischievous smile, her giggles, her sweet hugs (she will hug everything), without reading Baby Manatee 10,000 times a day, without those big cheeks, without dancing to Lady Gaga in the afternoon heat (her favorite), without those eyebrows arching when she is impressed with herself, without every little thing that she does?

Every single day for nearly a year now I spend some portion of time looking at this girl, filled with hope for her future and I feel such gratitude. I get to be her mother, this sweet and beautiful girl is my daughter.

Cordelia and I

9 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

That's so sweet. A family complete and full of love. She's one lucky child!

affectioknit said...

so sweet...

AKM said...

And someday she will be able to articulate her own gratitude for getting to be your daughter! What a precious girl, and what a precious family.

Stacy said...

You made me all sort of teary. :-)

bel said...

What a beautiful tribute! I'm having a hard time imagining what my days will be like without Lulu, who starts "big girl" school on Monday.

Robin said...

I feel the same way with Fritz... and such a sweet picture of you two. :)

Gypsy said...

And I am grateful that her sweet and beautiful mother is my daughter.

Momma CupKate said...

I enjoy reading about mothers who Like motherhood.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

that is a lovely photo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...