Saturday, August 28, 2010

Projects

I have been busting out a few projects this week. Who knows why since I've been so busy with preparations for my new teaching position and my thesis edits. I just have piles of projects, mountains even, that I am trying to get through. Several of those projects can be accomplished in under an hour, so I can work on them while Cordelia plays (by play I mean pull all of the clothes out of her dresser and parade them about).

Before
Chair before the transformation

In progress
Chair revamp in progress

My first project is to recover this chair and paint the wood. I have made the cushion covers and now I just need to take a quick moment to paint. I will soon show you the completed project.

I also completed the dog pillows for my dog niece and nephew, Coco and JRake.

Pillows
Dog pillows

Now I need to make a bag for myself. A bag that isn't a diaper bag. One that I can take to work so I can be the professional teacher instead of the frazzled mother with diapers and wipes galore. I am laughing to myself as I type this because yesterday I popped into the school to grab something and ended up meeting my colleagues with Cordelia on my hip, the encounter concluded with me grabbing Cordelia's hand and saying, "Wave bye-bye." So much for professionalism...

Do you have any projects in the works?

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I love the dog pillows and that chair is going to awesome - we had a glider like that in Scout's nursery - I loved it for nursing in the middle of the night - anytime really...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...