Today's Post was inspired by my friend Sophie.
10) Creating. I feel as though any day has been a success as long as I've created something, anything.
9) Being vegan. For me, each meal is an opportunity to be compassionate towards the suffering of others. Being vegan has been a gift to animals and to myself.
8) Montana. Sure, I'm not there at the moment, but just knowing it's there waiting for me is often enough. On sad days I think about the mountains, the rivers, the sky and I feel better.
7) Reading. I love to read. I am happy to read a wide variety of literature. Right now I am reading this and this.
6) My animal family. Ophelia was first, then Mia, and Bumblebee. Each one of them has taught us a lot. They make us laugh, they love us, we love them. What more is there to say?
5) My camera, Charlemagne. I love taking pictures. We have more photos than I dare to share, but I love to take photos. I see so many moments of loveliness in each day and I pretty much photograph all of them.
4) Nature. Every bit of it, from blades of grass, to the mountains, to the sky. I love being reminded that I am just a small piece in part of something much more beautiful and much more integrated than I can really imagine.
3) My extended family. Really, I can't say enough about them. My parents, my brothers, my in laws, cousins, niece, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so on. I have an amazing troop of people and I am acutely aware of how much they have given and continue to give me with their love and support.
2) Motherhood. I knew I would love being a mother. I knew it you be amazing, but I had no idea just how much I would love it. Being a mother has helped me to grow so much. I feel an enormous debt of gratitude for the gift of motherhood.
1)My marriage.My marriage is the cornerstone of my life. I can't even express properly the happiness it has brought to me.
What are some of the things that make you happy?