Friday, September 24, 2010

Adoption Anniversary-ish

If you knew me five years ago you knew that I really really wanted to adopt a dog. Seriously it was crazy I would talk dog with anyone any time. You could wake me up from a dead sleep and say the word dog and I'd be more than happy to roll out of bed and talk dog until you ran from me screaming for mercy. I really wanted a basset in my heart of hearts, but any dog would do.

Well, you already have heard about the dog that finally joined our family, Miss Bumblebee. We are now at her five year adoptiversary. You can read her full adoption story here.

Beeears

This year has been a growing experience for Bumblebee. She has had to share the spotlight, but she has done it with such grace (if a wonky footed dog can have grace). She loves her new position as Nurse Bumblebee. She has a new BFF, one who drops food from on high (like manna from heaven). She is my constant companion. Happy adoptiversary to Bumblebee!

5 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

We have neighbors who keep this Gorgeous female husky chained to a tree in their front yard because they want to breed her. My little family, however, adores her. We visit her and play with her and pet her for ages on our walks around the neighborhood. I am coveting that dog so badly. Sigh. I am vehemently opposed to dogs being acquired simply for the purpose of breeding; they're creatures no better and no worse than people and deserve to be loved and admired for their own personal traits. (Little, bitter soapbox there. Sorry.) Congratulations Bumblebee!

affectioknit said...

Sweet! Happy A-day Bumblebee!

AKM said...

Enjoy this special day with Miss Bumblebee! I know my life was totally changed when I got my sweet Jackie-Cat. :-)

Anonymous said...

September 24th is our Lily Dogs birthday, she turned 3. We are baking her a cake today (I'm writing this on Saturday) Tell Bumblebee Happy Anniversary.
paisley

Stacy said...

Yay for Bumblebee!! May you have an extra treat to celebrate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...