Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventures of the Cone

Ahhh Bumblebee and her cone. We've only had the cone in our lives for about a day and a half, yet we have memories to last a lifetime, trust me.

iConey

First of all she hasn't quite mastered the cone, which was not made with a long bodied, short legged hound in mind. The first day she would take a step and the cone would get caught, she'd whine she'd wag and she'd try again...then she'd get stuck.

Objects are knocked all over the place as Bee's cone is a giant mess making tool.

The cone makes Cordelia laugh. She loves to grab it and giggle in Bee's face. I would be annoyed, but Bumblebee seems happy about it.

Last night Bumblebee learned how to use the cone to shovel food from the floor (courtesy of Cordelia) to her mouth, truly innovative.

She was trying to scratch her ear, just sort of kicking the cone and looking pathetic so Eric laughed for a moment and watched the spectacle of the giant cone vibrating from rear leg kicks before he intervened and scratched her ear himself.

Bumblebee is notorious for invading personal space and we thought perhaps the cone would afford us a little extra bubble, but the opposite has happened. Bumblebee shoves the cone right into us and tries to get just as close as usual.

Last night we awoke to the sound of the cone banging into the wall again and again as Bumblebee tried to readjust in the night. Eric had to help her, once again.

So we continue on, cone and all!

6 comments:

Tammie said...

as i was reading this and moving my mouse down, i caught glimpse of the fact that the file name for the photo is 'iconey.' HA HA HA, i nearly snorted my coffee.

affectioknit said...

Awwww! Bless her little heart...

bel said...

Poor doggie! Aw. At least the cone is see-through...

P.S. my word verification is "phsterch". How do you pronounce that?!

AKM said...

Oh, that poor little face! I just picture her thinking, "I have lost ALL of my dignity." :-)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

sorry, after moving we didnt have internet but we got it up and running today! That chair you redid looks so cute! and I am glad to hear that bumblebee's surgery went well.

Stacy said...

Aww, the poor sweet little girl! I do love to laugh at poor dogs wearing cones.... well, only mine really. I think that makes me slightly evil.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...