Saturday, September 25, 2010

Double Date

Last night was date night. We went out on a double date with our friends Andy and Sarah. Eric and I spent a good 30 minutes trying to get ready, neither of us know how to dress for a night on the town in Wyoming. We finally settled on nice jeans and t-shirts after several different combos.

We met with Andy and Sarah at a local bar. We learned that the bar once allowed horses inside. No word on whose responsibility it was to clean up after the horses. Unfortunately there were no horses running through the bar last night. So we enjoyed a drink and soaked up the local color as we caught up on the news.

Moon

Later we had dinner reservations at an Italian restaurant. I had sort of an out of body experience when I realized that I am at that point in life where a) We have to plan our evenings around babysitters (thanks Mom and Dad). b) We have dinner reservations. Generally that is not my style. c) We were on a grown up double date. I'm playing it a little fast and loose with the term grown-up, but still.

I spotted a student working at the restaurant. She avoided eye contact. Perhaps it's because she is shaking in her boots about her first test next week!

Dinner was yummy. We had great conversation and then all left to return to family life. We picked up a sweet little lady asleep in her grandmother's arms (her grandmother was watching a Hallmark movie---Oh the humanity!). I couldn't help but think about how much things have changed in the past (almost) year. I treasure our little family, though a night out with friends was a treat as well!

What did you do last night?

2 comments:

Tammie said...

last night i went to bed early because im sick with a head cold. it sounds bad but sometimes i like a reason to have to go to bed early.

your mom should be seriously punished somehow for watching a hallmark movie.unless it was the hallmark version of the secret garden, which is wonderful.

AKM said...

Hee hee, my mom LOVES the Hallmark Channel. I call it the Prairie Channel because every time I turn it on, there's some kind of western romance movie on. To each his own, I guess!

Friday night I went out to dinner with my dad and some friends, and then I headed home to get some rest, as I have the same cold Tammie has!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...