Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flowers and Projects

I have been super busy lately. I'm not complaining because it's wonderful to have so many enriching projects going on: mothering, being a wife, being a member of my family,preparing art for an upcoming show, editing my thesis, sewing, teaching at the college, maintaining friendships, reading, writing, blogging, and about 11,027 other ongoing projects.

I must admit that it is easy to feel a bit overwhelmed at times with all that I have on my plate. Mu surefire remedy is to go outside and take a little stroll. I look at the natural world, the seasons and everything that was building up seems to quiet and I remember that it's all very small in comparison. I don't know, makes me feel better somehow. Do you have a remedy when you're feeling like you're spread a little thin?

Flower 4

Flower 3

Flower 2

Flower 1

Also, I am so excited that so many of you are into the book sharing I proposed yesterday. Perhaps, if this is successful, we can make it a bit more regular. Anyway if you are interested please send me your mailing address and I will start this list up. I will probably wait a couple of weeks to send it off as I need to get through a few other projects first. I am really excited about this!

3 comments:

AKM said...

It's funny you should mention nature and its role in relaxation. I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to take a trip to the uber-lovely Missouri Botantical Gardens for some R&R.

http://www.mobot.org/

We have a nice fountain and pond behind my office, and I was having a full-blown panic attack re: grad school the other day. Five minutes of aimless gazing and listening to the bubbling fountain (one of my favorite sounds) seemed to do the trick.

Robin said...

Nature is the best!

Momma CupKate said...

I agree that putting myself into perspective helps me to feel less overwhelmed. I have so many deadlines right now, albeit all to which I'm looking forward, but knowing that these deadlines will exist for someone else in 253 years makes me feel more balanced. The deadlines and timelines are part of my life, they are not the entirety of my life. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...