Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello South Dakota

SoDak
Eric and Cordelia in South Dakota

We are out of town this week. My family is house sitting and grand-pet watching. Eric has a work conference and Cordelia and I decided to travel along for the fun of it.

Sodak teepee
Cordelia and I by a giant tepee sculpture

Cordelia and I
Cordelia and I

We left late yesterday afternoon. Cordelia slept for about 2 1/2 hours and was awesome for the rest of the trip. I'm not really sure if South Dakotans call their state So Dak, but I do. I am trying to get it to catch on (mostly just with Eric) and I am sure it will be all the rage this fall.

teepee top
Interior of tepee

My crew and I will be enjoying the Black Hills and all of their bounty for the next several days. Have you ever been here? It's a really pretty part of the country.

9 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

"So Dak" has me chuckling. I'd adopt that business.

the dwellers said...

We attended a wedding in Spearfish a few years ago. We all ate at Sanford's (twice). They have fun antiques and decor everywhere and yummy food too.

Have a great trip!

affectioknit said...

I've been in that teepee thingy too - and the SD Black Hills vacation is remembered around here as THE FLU VACATION...in which we spent an entire week cooped up in a cabin with the Swine Flu...

AKM said...

I think they actually DO call it SoDak! I'm pretty sure the NDers call it NoDak, too. I've been to ND and I loved it...such a pretty part of the country. Fargo is actually on my list of places to try to find a LCSW job once I'm done with my MSW. Everyone keeps telling me that I can't handle the winters, but we'll see...

Stacy said...

I've never been but heard wonderful things. My cousin's husband is from SD. And I like SoDak!

Emily said...

We've never been there, but we want to! I've heard it's a really great place. Have a great time! If you find I-35 and go south, you'd be at our house in about 12 hours. :)

elizabeth said...

i always love checking in and catching up with you. you and eric and cordelia and bumblebee always make me smile. :)

Pam Brewer said...

The Black Hills of South Dakota are one of my very favorite places on earth.

Robin said...

It's gorgeous there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...