Thursday, September 23, 2010

Le Fridge

When I go over to people's homes I often get sucked in by all of the stuff on their fridge. Don't you? This morning as I was leaning against the kitchen counter with a cup of orange juice my gaze happened to fall upon our refrigerator and I'm going to be honest, I think it's getting out of hand.

Right side

Here we have the right side of the fridge. The clutter is under control, just a cool magnet, made by my friend Elizabeth, and our friend (and vegan cookbook author) Sarah Kramer's awesome calendar!

Center

Here we have the bulk of the problem. The front of the fridge is littered with totally random stuff, yoga class schedules, coupons, cool fortunes from fortune cookies. The arrow on the left is showing the letter Eric received when he passed his French language exam. The arrow on the right is a list of Eric's "film ideas" he said I could share them with you as long as you promise not to copy. Here is the list:
  1. The Devil's Bidet or Bidet of the Dead. He envisions this to be a zombie movie where a zombie plague is spread through the use of bidet's.
  2. The Point-a film about pointing that turns deadly.
  3. Explorers find Atlantis and discover that it is run by Chupacabras.
Anyway, he will occasionally run to this list, laughing, and add another "film idea".


Left side

Finally we have the left side of the fridge which is decorated with one lone picture of our van, Grandpa Whiscut.

Is your fridge a mess like ours?

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

We don't have anything on the front - but on the side against the wall - we keep Scout's school calendar there - and occasionally I put a sticky note on the front to remind me to do something in particular on a given day - but we don't leave it there...

AKM said...

Hee, Sarah smiles at me in my kitchen, too, and urges me to make apple pie pancakes! My fridge is a crazy hodgepodge of photos and magnets. I think magnets are an awesome souvenir, so I have some from various travels. I also have a lot of those poetry word magnets and I have random phrases like, "They sing in silent winter snow," or "My strength together with a positive outlook will triumph."

bel said...

Oh, that's not a mess! Just wait until Cordelia starts contributing the the fridge collection. :D

Tammie said...

i really hope the bidet movie come to fruition. i MUST see it.

..... Carmen said...

Oh I should post up a photo for you of our fridge! The top I have a 'Moms Calendar' (yes, it's true) and all sorts of magnets I don't want the kids to touch, and on the bottom, Grace plasters up every single drawing she makes (I have to secretly take some off every now and then). Our fridge is covered top to bottom - lol.

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

I really miss sharing a fridge with you...
Our fridge has artwork Wendy did at day care only - mostly variations of her hand prints. I really, really like seeing them everyday.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I think our refrigerators could be twins

kirsten said...

What a crazy post!
I never think about what is on le fridge...
I just put stuff on it:)


Magnets do make great souvenirs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...