Monday, September 13, 2010

SoDak Day 2

Yesterday Eric was conferencing all day. Cordelia and I did a little exploring. We discovered that our hotel is right next to Toys R Us...so yeah we managed to escape without buying anything, she's still so young and innocent, she doesn't know about buying and I probably will never teach her.

Eric has totally adopted the term SoDak into the family vernacular, it's pretty awesome although I kind of think I'll whisper it if I'm near any native SoDakans (South Dakotans).

downtown r.c.2
Downtown Rapid City

downtown r.c.
Downtown

We also went and checked out the downtown which is pretty cute. Very touristy. While we were in an antique store I spotted a Frenchman and in my mind I had an entire conversation in French. I am technically a French speaker, but I get all sweaty and nervous when I am around the real deal. I did manage an au revoir after a brief conversation and he seemed genuinely surprised and complimented me on my accent.

antique store
Antique Store in Downtown Rapid City, SoDak

in antique store
Eric and Cordelia in Antique Store

antique store
Antique store

There are also a bunch of presidential bronze sculptures about town and Eric haaaad to take these shots. We tried to get Cordelia giving Jimmy C. a high five, but it wasn't meant to be.

founding father and pals
Founding Father and Friends

high5
Eric giving Jimmy Carter a High Five

After our tour of downtown Rapid City we went out to dinner and had some tasty vegan black bean burgers.

gettin'grub
Cordelia, eating dinner

dinner
Prepping dinner for Cordelia

We ended the day with a dip in the hotel pool. Kind of a big deal for me because a) it's been a small eternity since I've been in a swim suit and b) I generally refer to swimming pools as cesspools. Anyway, we had a great time with the little lady who looked sooooo adorable in her swimsuit.

At the pool
First time in a pool

What did you do yesterday?

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

FUN! I like the term SoDak...

Momma CupKate said...

For the LONGEST time, Sonny-bunny thought places like target and walmart worked like toy closets, where you pick something out to look at and play with while Momma does Boring shopping, then put it away as you leave.

AKM said...

Heheheh, you sneaky mamas at the toy stores and the "toy closets"! Funny! :-)

Your family seems to have a blast whatever you're doing! I love that. Thanks, as always, for sharing...

AKM said...

And I really like your necklace! Kind of steampunk-y? So cute!

Gypsy said...

Bumblebee says "hi"! She said she didn't want to go to SoDak anyway.

the dwellers said...

Before we left stores, I always told my kids, "Say goodbye (to admired item) because it lives here." After a quick hug, the item was returned to the shelf.

Works like a charm until they get their own money in their pocket... :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

looks like you guys are having a great time :) that antique shop looks like a treasure trove!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...