Friday, September 17, 2010

SoDak Day 5 The Great Park Adventures

Yesterday we spent a great deal of time enjoying the great outdoors of SoDak. I loved every minute of it.

(Hold the phone, as I am typing this Cordelia is running back and forth between a piece of bread she is eating and then she is trying to lick my big toe-- in case you wanted to know)

trees

Anyway, we first went to a park near our hotel and just wandered about.

eric and Cordelia at park
Eric being kind of creepy

moi
Me, myself and I

turtle
One of many

Later, after Eric did some more conferencing we went back out. First we hit up Canyon Lake. Looked at water, watched the waterfowl.

Rock
At Canyon Lake

on the dock

Geese
Residents of Canyon Lake

Next we went to the formal gardens where we both took tons of photos of flowers (thinking of my Grandpa Joe who took so many pictures of flowers). We played on the swings, looked in awe at the beauty of nature and had an all around good time.

flower field

Orange flower

Sun Baby

Bug on flower

Swing with E and C

Swnging

We went out to dinner and returned to the hotel room for a quiet evening in.

Today we return home and I can't wait to see my family and sweet Miss Bumblebee.

Finally, can you believe the car we pulled behind yesterday? Look at the license plates. What are the odds? Of all the cars to pull up behind we pulled behind this one.

SoDAK!

7 comments:

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

hahahaha! that license plate must have made your day :) All of the pictures are lovely

mrs boo radley said...

I had to leave a comment to tell you that I LOVE the photo of Cordelia looking down (the photo above the one with the flower and the bug). Fabulous shot! I hope you frame it!

affectioknit said...

That looks like another awesome day in SODAK...I love the tag - I'll have to see about getting me a NODAK one...

AKM said...

I love how the last photo ties up the whole trip! Hee!

Golly. So many visually arresting photos in one post. I loved them all. Brilliant.

I forget...what does your symbol tat mean? I think I'm getting the Japanese symbol for "cat" on my ankle soon.

Robin said...

You need to start selling your photos again!!

Momma CupKate said...

Proof the SoDak is SO acceptable!

Tammie said...

HA!!! love the license plate. and ive loved reading about your sodak vacation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...