Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Random Bits

So today I am just going to be all over the place, because that's how I am feeling this morning...

ketchup

First off you may or may not know that I am obsessed with ketchup. Recently my mother purchased me a jar of fancy stuff and I was a bit apprehensive about it. Yesterday I finally gave it a try and it was so good that my brain nearly melted. It's not exactly cheap (I could go though a gallon of ketchup in a week with only minimal effort) and they aren't sponsoring me, but I thought I'd share...If you are a ketchup (or catsup if you're a little crazy) person then you might have to try it. You can find it online here.

Now what I really want is an excellent ketchup recipe so I can make my own. I have tried a few times, but with minimal success. I want something really fantastic. Do you have a good recipe? Care to share?

Next on my list is the Kindle (click link if you don't know what I'm talking about). Eric and I have been thinking about buying one for quite some time. We look at it as an opportunity to clear out our books that aren't special editions. I am currently reading 5 books (not including thesis texts) and I would love to have fewer books just sitting around the house. Do you have one? What do you think?

compassionate life

Finally, I have an idea. I am reading a great book and I was thinking that I'd really love to share it. I was thinking perhaps we could do a little pass along here. The idea would be that I would create a list of folks who want to read it. I would then mail the book to the first person on the list and they would send it on to the next person when they were done-- and so on through the entire list. The book would eventually make it's way back to me. Kind of a little tour of the book. perhaps we could all write our names or blogs on the inside cover, even a thought on the book or whatever. Would you be interested?

14 comments:

kirsten said...

I do have a good ketchup recipe it involves ancho chilies? I will email it to you :)
Put me on the list!!

Emily said...

Sure! I'm always up for a good read. :)

Random info: Whenever I see the word "catsup" I say it in my mind like "Whaaaat's uppp?" Like it's a question. I'm weird like that.

Tammie said...

add me to the list. im always up for a read.

..... Carmen said...

I would love love LOVE a book tour! (If folks outside the US are allowed) :) Have you looked at the benefits/differences between the Kindle and the Ipad? I don't know much on either, but I have heard alot of good things about the Ipad. Now I must go check out the Ketchup :)

Robin said...

Put me on the list!

Joe and Talsie said...

There is Kindle for iPhone, PC and Mac if you don't want to fork over the money for the actual Kindle.

Clare said...

I'll join the book list! On ketchup, have you seen "Meet Me in St. Louis"? There is a catsup making scene in there that makes me drool. By the way, the word verification below is kraippe, like fancy crappy.

Dawn said...

Lots of ketchup comments but not too many Kindle comments, so let me. After a year of pondering whether or not to buy one, I did. I love to read and thought I wouldn't like reading on an electronic gadget because I don't like reading long articles on the computer. But after travelling for two weeks for work last winter and accumulating 8 books I took the plunge. I love it! It's Not, let me repeat, NOT like reading on a computer. I travel a lot for work and I just tuck it in my bag and I'm good to go! The only con I have is that I spend too much time reading now. I don't have to go to the library or book store, just tada, wireless magic and I have a new book. You can find many books for free or cheap, newer releases are generally less than 10 bucks. I like the classics and most of those are FREE! So just my two cents on Kindle. And I just wanted to say your little Cordelia is just darling! Enjoy every minute because before you know they're all grown! (Like you haven't heard that before!)

Sarah! said...

Add me to the list as well. We also have a Kindle, actually Jarrod received it for Christmas, however I am the one using it. I really like it. Love that all the books are in one place.

AKM said...

Kindles make me nervous...I like to turn pages! That being said, I admire your efforts to simplify with one.

I am also ketchup-crazy. I think the weirdest thing that I do with it is put it on chili. Mmm, ketchup with its tangy goodness... ;-)

elizabeth said...

yep - i'd love to be on the list. :) what a great idea!

i'm with AKM - i really love to hold a book. and smell a book. and turn pages. i don't know what i think of kindle . . .

Victoria said...

Cope Looooves his Kindle!

lil songbird mama said...

love the book idea! I have been looking for a good book recently and haven't come across one yet...maybe time though!
btw your little lady is just beautiful!

lil songbird mama said...

love the book idea! I have been looking for a good book recently and haven't come across one yet...maybe time though!
btw your little lady is just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...