Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet and Sweet

Cordelia has taken to calling my mom Gia, mmmma, or mama. My mom, being the sweet lady she is tried to comfort me by saying that Cordelia wasn't calling her mom too. Apparently I looked upset about the whole thing, but I wasn't---at all.

My brother Sam explained that I deserved it because both of my brothers would call me mom when we were young. My mother even said that young Sam would sometimes call her grandma out in public, much to her horror.

I really don't mind, in fact I love that Cordelia and my mother have such a sweet and close relationship that is uniquely their own. Although things have gotten a little strange lately and my father is in on the strangeness too. My parents have taken to letting Cordelia "walk them" on the leash. See exhibit A

Mom and Cordy
Exhibit A

Finally in case that was not sweet enough I have a little simple vegan treat for you. Since peaches are where it's at this month I couldn't help but pick up a few of those juicy fruits. Last night I turned the oven on to 350, sliced a peach in half and then in a separate bowl I mixed some ground walnuts, a spoonful of brown sugar, a few drops of vanilla and some vegan margarine (it's not an exact science here people). I plopped the mixture into the center of each peach half and baked it for about 10 minutes until the peaches were soft but still retained their shape. YUM!

peach

What's new with you?

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

The leash thing is adorable! and your peach looks scrumptious!

bel said...

Yum!

Thanks for your comment yesterday(?) and good luck with your novel!

AKM said...

I love seeing what Cordelia's going to come up with next...

My dad just brought me some peaches from Alabama! Gonna try this...

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

that peach looks mighty tasty.

Momma CupKate said...

Sent this peach business to school with Sonny-bunny (minus nuts as nuts kill.) He was so excited to watch me this morning.
"Is that Mine?!"
"Yep"
"To eat for snack?!"
"Of course"
"Oh YES!!!!"

Robin said...

Fritz calls me Mom or Mommy, but he calls G'ma Mama. It took us awhile to figure it all out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...