Thursday, October 28, 2010

Almost No Plans!

I awoke around 7am today. I pulled myself out from beneath a couple layers of quilts and put my bare feet on the floor, thankful for once that we have carpet in our bedroom (my general position is that carpet is gross) and my feet didn't freeze. I picked up my little girl, her hair curling in the back and pasted to one side in the front. She snuggled on my hip like a tired little koala bear. We wandered into the living room. I had that sort of zombie like walk that one has first thing in the morning, my body still kind of slow to start. I turned on lights, Cordelia closed her eyes, and turned up the heat. I put a stripey sweater on and snuggled on the couch with Cordelia under an afghan I made years ago, we were both still in a daze. Bumblebee waddled over for a greeting and soon Eric was there as well.

Drapes

Once we were all well awake we started about with our morning chores. A fresh diaper, breakfast was made, coffee was brewed, orange juice was chugged, I had a scalding hot shower. The sun came up and the day has begun. For the first time in a long time I have almost no plans. I probably won't even leave the house today. I am hoping that my day involves time with Cordelia, crafting, cleaning, cooking, reading, and my only plan--my dad is coming over for lunch!

morning sun

What are your plans?

3 comments:

AKM said...

Oh, your day sounds lovely! Consider me envious. MY day consists of work, finishing up papers and heading to class tonight.

elizabeth said...

mmmmmm. what a perfect kind of day. i am looking forward to a day like that - next week, i hope. :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

sounds so wonderful. dad lunches are the best :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...