Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall is Here

The leaves are drying out and rattling in the trees, those leaves that remain green have a leather like quality. The wind is blowing down the mountain with a cool bite at the end of each long gust, a sure sign that fall has arrived. The days are still warm, but that's pretty much just a formality at this point. The heater has been put to use on the cool nights, blowing a warm-slightly dusty-air over us as we sleep. An extra quilt is on the bed, the sweaters are out.

sunflower

display

fall flowers

Fall is probably the fastest season for those of us living in the north, but it sure is a beautiful time of year. Before I know it there will be snow on the ground and the arctic cold blasts of wind that rattle the windows and seem to make a hot shower irresistible.

What is it like where you are?

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

I do love fall...that's funny about the shower as it's about the only time that Scout asks to take a shower is when he's chilled...and I can remember playing in the snow when I was little and how nice it was to get in a warm bath...

AKM said...

I love fall, but here in St. Louis, we just don't get much of it! It's 70 degrees today and sunny, and the early mornings and nights are fairly cool, so it KIND of feels like fall. It's going to be a high of 84 this weekend, though, which is warmer than I'd like in October! Oh well, I like winter, too, and we get quite a bit of that, so that's next.

Tammie said...

love fall so much! right now its the perfect temperature, maybe 60 degrees, breezy. and as i look out my window the trees are all different shades of green, yellow, gold, and red. its beautiful.

kirsten said...

SNOW?!
bring it

Robin said...

It's a bit odd actually. I can see the beautiful colors of fall all around me. Hear the leaves fall even. But...it's so darn hot I am watering the grass!

Momma CupKate said...

It's still SO hot during the days, (this past week it was 80s and 90s!) Sigh. Waiting for the chil so I don't miss my car a/c!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...