Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hmmmmm

Our computer is on its last wheezing breath. So is our external hard drive. Currently Eric is doing some sort of major transfer that I do not completely understand. All I know is that things are running very slowly-- we're waiting for megabytes to transfer from point A to point B, or something, and I cannot access or upload any photos beyond those photos which are already located on our desktop.

Easy enough I thought, I will just find a few cool photos on our desk top and write a blog post around them...or at least that's what I though until I saw what is stored on our desktop.

monorail_cat
So I have no idea why this is on our computer. I guess we can just wonder what Eric was up to.


n23444381_41171289_8758
Here is a photo of the two of us at a gallery opening a couple of years back.


Funny Dog Sign
Here is an image that Eric used to make a sign reminding our neighbors to pick up after their pups.

So I guess we'll just pretend this is a normal blog post. How about you just share with me some of the weird stuff that's saved on your desktop so I can feel like we've got an honest to goodness blog post here. Then we'll put our heads down and move forward, never looking back on this particular post.


7 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

Oh my stars, this is what I've been doing for the past few months! It's such a challenge. I'm an Awful photographer, (and seem to have gotten worse since I've made dear friends with an exceptionally talented photographer 4 years ago.) Yet I miss putting my own pictures up! Sonny-bunny is so much bigger than the pictures on my computer allow and Sweetheart has taken off all his lovely hair. Sigh. Here's hoping for some sort of camera-to-computer miracle for me, lol.

Tammie said...

HA. i love monorail cat.

also, our desktop is dying too. (i think we're going to end up getting a new one around christmas time, sort of as a big gift for the whole family.) anyway, it makes a horrible wheezing noise all the time so we now all refer to it as "old wheezy."

i have a small laptop that i use most of the time and i dont mind sharing it with the family, but when its in use everyone complains about having to go use "old wheezy."

Sarah said...

Maria, you are so funny, I like it :) My desktop currently holds a prismatic colour diagram from 1900, some picture of quilts and a recipe for home made laundry powder. I wish it had a cat monorail...

Elizabeth said...

Hey, I recognize that photo from Gallery 023! It was my first and last adventure as a curator (so far) :)

sophie said...

I am an obsessive desk top tidy-er uper-er...does that make sense? I am forever deleting pictures and files to keep it clean (cause my house is always a mess at least the desk top is clean)

E.K. said...

Monorail Cat is an inside joke with an Ukrainian friend of mine. Weird, I know.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

hahahha. This post is great. I love the Monorail cat! It reminds me of the Totoro Cat Bus :)
good luck with the computer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...