Friday, October 8, 2010

Next Generation Procrastination: An Ode to Picard-Kindle

Last night I happened upon an episode of Star Trek Next Generation (hmmm, I feel a bit embarrassed to admit that one). Anyway I am not really sure what was going on, but Captain Picard seemed to have a Kindle! I don't really know what was going on in the plot, something about a woman and space Robin Hood.

Anyway, Picard was at his desk reading from a device that looked very much like a modern Kindle. Sure, this was light years ahead in space and time, but actually was filmed in the 90s (I think).

Now the most embarrassing part of this story is that I've spent the better part of an hour looking for a photo of the aforementioned Picard-Kindle online. Finally I found one, tiny image. Break out your magnifying glasses and take a gander. Yes, I do have company coming today, a lesson plan to complete and about a zillion other things to do, but I opted to hunt for this....then label it....then blog about it.

picardatworkii

What are you procrastinating about today?

8 comments:

Tammie said...

i wonder what picard was reading on his kindle? im betting Super Fudge. or maybe something girlie like The Bell Jar. or maybe a collection of Garfield comics.

Picard: Oh Garfield, you shouldn't eat the whole pan of lasagna. save some for Odie and Jon.

i dont know if you're getting a chuckle out of this, but im really entertaining myself here.

affectioknit said...

So funny! I do stuff like that too - when I need to be doing something else....

Maria Rose said...

Tammie, I think he was reading The Complete Jane Austen Collection, he seems like he'd weep over gossipy girl books.

Momma CupKate said...

I am painfully laughing. Thanks for the perfect study break!

Anonymous said...

laundry

paisley

elizabeth said...

i should be cleaning another counter-top off . . . boxes unpacked, stuff not put away . . . but i'm reading this and i posted a silly today, too. :) i think you might get a laugh out of it . . .

happy saturday!

Robin said...

You are too funny... Love you!

Akosua Rose said...

LoL. How uncanny that I'm also watching an episode of Star Trek TNG, saw the Picard Kindle and also came online to find a pic of it. :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...