Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On My Mind

Pumpkins

1) It's nearly Halloween and I have no idea what we're going to do for costumes. Even though we will almost certainly be in for the night we will still dress up, we always do. My cousin Erin suggested that Cordelia and I go as Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

babyjane

Not quite sure that will work right now. Any ideas? Are you dressing up?

2) Last night I was driving home from class and I began to wonder about the word drat as in "oh drat" or "drats". I realized I have no idea what it means, is drats the plural of drat? These are the questions that keep me awake at night folks. So, I looked it up and the resulting information was less than satisfying...drat (drăt)interjection-Used to express annoyance. I was so frustrated that I exclaimed "Drat!"

3) We've officially gotten our first snow and those Wyoming winds have started up. Looks like winter is on it's way.

4) My friend Sarah and I are hoping to make some Christmas gifts this year. We are looking at bath salts, washes, etc. Do you have any spectacular recipes or cool gift ideas that you care to share?

5) My mother and I have started work on an online store. I am excited about it. Do you have any tips? I know a few of my readers have stores of their own. We'd love any and all advice.

What's on your mind today?


5 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

Drat, lol. I do that too. I'm a wee bit obsessed with words, (hence my field of study, I suppose.)

Snow?! Wow! I'm astonished. I know it happens, but being a through-and-through New Mexican, I forget every year how early other states get snow until I hear an account like this!


Inexpensive but cute bibs! I hate finding darling and precious bibs and then discovering they're $8-11 each. Yikes! People! I just want some owls, bees, and dandelions. Is that so much to ask. (I *could* make friends with my sewing machine, but.....)

AKM said...

I love the Baby Jane idea! Creepy and fun! I'm assuming that Cordelia will be the doll? Will Eric go as Blanche?

Mmm, snow...bring it on! We typically don't get it here in St. Lou until MAYBE December. Luckily I spend the holidays in Peoria, which is further north and there's usually a good chance of a white Christmas.

I made lavender bath salts one year but I don't have the recipe any longer. I think it was pretty much epson salts, baking soda, and essential lavender oil. Homemade gifts rule!

Ooh, ooh, what kind of online store?!

What's on my mind...finishing papers and trying to stay awake due to stress-related insomnia! I'll be glad when this week comes to a close and I can enjoy a relaxing weekend. I'm also trying to formulate my Thanksgiving menu. Tofurky or Celebration Roast, or something else altogther? I think vegan pumpkin mousse will figure in as well.

beautifulladybird said...

I can't believe you got snow already. What kind of online store?

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I have the same conundrum. Halloween is always tough for me. Anyway, last year I made all my Christmas gifts, some were knits/embroidery/illustrations, but for the most part were food :) I have a good nut recipe I think it is from Martha Stewart, but I made 3-4 jars of them and they were gone within 2 days (let me know if you would like the recipe). Homemade apricot jam is good as gifts too.
Advice for the online shop (which I am excited to see!) is networking. My husband knows more people than I do, so he sent out word, but also facebook messaging works. Notifying people of updates is good too because it keeps them wanting to go check out your shop. Good Luck!

Bridget said...

that picture is so creepy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...