Thursday, October 14, 2010

Throw Down the Mats

We have been busy lately. Pretty much since early September we've had something major going on every week. Between trips, visitors, work, celebrations and more we've been booked solid. I am not complaining because we've enjoyed ourselves, but a lazy night in was definitely in order.

I made some baked curry fries, some veggie burgers and we called it a night in. After a calm dinner (thanks to Cordelia) we all got into our pajamas and prepped for some serious down time. No work, no entertaining (which we've gotten progressively worse at anyway), no responsibilities or obligations. We just had a good family night.

Rolling around

We threw down some mats on the floor in the living room. Our original intention was to have a fort night, but Cordelia was so thrilled by the mats we decided to hold out on fort night and just laze about on the mats.

Smiling for the camera

Cordelia and I

Cordelia started doing log rolls and pseudo-somersaults. We spent the night laughing at her and accomplishing absolutely nothing, it was lovely.

Some shades

Later we watched Babies. Have you seen it? I am not actually a baby person...I was never one to fawn over the offspring of others, but this was a really fascinating little film if you're interested.

What did you do last night?

5 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

A) I am not a baby person either.
B) What are baked curry fries?

Maria Rose said...

Curry fries are just fries made with curry powder among other seasonings.

Robin said...

Nights like those are the best!

Pam Brewer said...

How lovely to have company and how lovely to have them leave!

AKM said...

Do you make your own veggie burgers, or do you do Amy's or Boca or whatever? I have to admit that I have never made my own. (Yes, I'm kind of lazy, hee hee!) Denny's is now serving Amy's vegan burgers and I had one today...pretty good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...