Sunday, November 7, 2010

Little Did They Know...

suemike

Here is a photo of my parents, taken while they were still in high school. Yes, they were high school sweethearts, just like Eric and I. I love this photo because I know where their story goes (at least until the present), but they didn't. Did they know they would be married? Have kids? Become grandparents? Did they know where their lives would take them? All of the moves, the jobs, the varied life circumstances?

Of course they had no idea, how could they? In this moment they were just teenagers--not mom and dad, not their jobs, just themselves.

8 comments:

E.K. said...

I know what your dad was thinking in this photo, "Man, that girl looks like Joan Jett..."

Maria Rose said...

Yeah, and she has almost the exact same personality as Joan Jett too.

Hello Lindello said...

That's so awesome. What a treasure to have.

PaisleyJade said...

So cute - I loooove old photo's like that!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Wow! That is an amazing thing to have. Definitely frame-worthy!

eLiZaBeTh said...

cute!! I didn't know that they were high school sweethearts:) I always wonder what it would have been like to know my husband in high school... I was a hippie and he was a football player, plus he is 2 years younger than me so we would have been a really odd couple. Who cares, we're married now, baby!

Tammie said...

ooh i knew that was your mama! she's hardly aged at all.

jay and i couldnt have ever been high school sweet hearts because hes almost ten years older than me and that would have been creepy.

Robin said...

That picture is awesome, and they are awesome too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...