Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

When I was a wee little lass I always wanted to start celebrating Christmas early. First I thought Christmas Eve should be celebrated a bit more. We do a family dinner of Chinese food and sometimes we open a gift from one non-family member. Then I decided Christmas Eve Eve should be celebrated, nobody got on board with that. Boo. I was way into the 12 days of Christmas idea, although who really needs 10 Lords a'leaping?

stocking
Eric's childhood Christmas Stocking

Peruvian ornament
Handmade Peruvian Christmas Ornament

Now that I am an adult I really prefer more of a slow build up to the holiday. The little details are where it's at now. Currently I am loving that each morning Cordelia runs into the living room and asks for the lights to be turned on (then she asks for a cracker).

angels
Inherited Decorations

Today is the day to finish up last minute odds and ends. A few last minute gifts to be made and some sugar cookies to bake.

nativity
Inherited Nativity and table runner

What do you still have left to do?

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I'm finishing up a couple of Scout's gifts and baking some cookies - with the cookie dough gun...and hopefully we'll make it to the Narnia movie this afternoon...Happy making to you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...