Monday, December 6, 2010

Date

Yesterday was the anniversary of when Eric and I became a couple. When I told my 17 year old brother he simply replied, "You're old." The truth is that we were lucky enough to find each other when we were very young. I actually first met Eric when I was just 14, but we didn't start dating until I was 16. Over the years one month turned into another, then there was a year, then years, and now we working away at our second decade together. We have a lot to celebrate!

Last night we dropped Cordelia and Bumblebee off at my parents' house and we decided to head out for a little date. We went out for a drink first. We held hands, which is something of a rare treat to us now, as we are often toting around a little one. We gave each other googly eyes and we ate a freakish amount of peanuts.. Yes, peanuts. We went to a little pub and as we had a drink we noticed a bucket of peanuts and we went to town on it.

Handsome

Smile

Drink

After a drink and lots of lovely conversation, and one check in on Cordelia, we went out for dinner. We weren't exactly famished after our full on peanut assault so we shared a dish of tofu and mixed veggies. The meal was great and I have the morning after garlic breath to prove it.

Then we headed back to pick up Cordelia and Bumblebee. Strange how it used to be just the two of us, and now we have an entourage (of baby and animals). We came home and spent a quiet family night, happy.

How do you celebrate your anniversaries, birthdays, other milestones?

6 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you had a fun night out! We are in desperate need for a date night. Things have been topsy-turvy lately.

Clare said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to find (and stay with) your one true love! My husband and I (though we are only 34) have been together for 17 years? We just got to steal a night away in Gualala last night, and because I'm vegan and the 3 resturants had limited options, found Amy's microwave meals, and watched Bad Boys in our hotel, with the sea roaring outside! You should google the Sea Ranch Chapel (In Gualala, CA) you and your artist hubs would love it!

kirsten said...

That is neat that you have been together for that long. We too are on 15 years :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a great time together! That drink looks tasty...

affectioknit said...

Happy Anniversary! The Man and I still celebrate our first date night - November 6th - and it's funny because a lot of couples we know don't even remember the date of their first date...The Man and I met when we were 12 in Jr. High...

I love the pic of you in high school - so cute - why are you in bathrobes?...

Scocasso! said...

Sounds awesome; I wish I had someone to do that with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...