Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family

While I do love making, buying and giving gifts for Christmas I think more than anything I just love that the entire world seems to turn their focus inward, on the family. We've been given quite a gift living so close to most of my family (Ben and Sara still need to get here). Cordelia is getting the benefit of growing up with so many adults to love and enjoy her.

She has Eric and I for mom and dad business, but then there is my family. Cordelia loooves cuddling with my mom and they have their own little repetoire of routines and inside jokes that are just for them.

My brother Sam is the fun guy (not fungi) who is totally unpredictable, a tiny bit scary because of it, but endlessly fascinating.

My dad is the one to play and explore with. Most recently they spent a winter afternoon checking out the backyard. When they came in Cordelia was dirty and pink nosed, but so pleased.

Looking at stuff

Exploring

What?

Searching

With grandpa

We live in a time when family is so often spread out around the country and Eric and I are endlessly thankful that we have the opportunity to return to a time when family stayed close.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Amen! We love living close to my family, and we wish Mike's family was closer too. I love Cordelia's red coat. Very cute! :)

affectioknit said...

Yep! Family ROCKS!

elizabeth said...

oh, yes. we love living close to some of my family . . . and wish the others lived closer.

and little miss c is so stinkin cute!

Robin said...

It is nice!

Helena said...

She looks so cute in those clothes. I love giving presents too but my own family is not the nicest one in the world so we spend Christmas with my husband's relatives and my mom. Sometimes Christmas reminds you of things that are not nice and not all people have a family to go to (not talking about myself but loners for example). Christmas can be tough for them.

But I actually enjoyed my one Christmas alone too. It was kind of meditative and holy. But I also love to see my children enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. :-)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

what a great post! those pictures of Cordelia are so cute :)

Momma CupKate said...

Pics of her in the little red coat made me "Awwwwwwww" audibly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...