When I first moved here I pretty much missed nothing about the city. I was happy to be away from the hustle and bustle, the anonymity, the traffic, the buildings, the busy-ness of the city. Now that some time has passed I can look at it without being so invested and there are indeed some things that I did love about the city:
- Seeing shows: museums, galleries, concerts, etc.
- Possibilities: there was always a sense that anything could happen (good or bad).
- My job (just a bit). I really enjoyed my co-workers and being part of the government, meeting with the people who were making things happen. Although I wasn't passionate about it I did have some fun.
- Vegan Opportunities: Oh this is the hardest part about living away from the city. Access to veg restaurants, grocery stores that carried things like seitan, tempeh, tvp, etc.
- Our apartment, it was nice.