Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Projects

I don't know about you, but I have approximately one gazillion projects going on right now. I am going to list them out because I think perhaps it will help me wrap my mind around it all. Just a disclaimer, I am about to list a lot of stuff and I hope that you don't think I have any of this under control, I am all over the place:

I have two quilts underway, one for Cordelia and one for Eric. I am making the quilt for Cordelia out of her tiny baby onesies. You know the onesies that are not being saved and are too sentimental or stained to be passed along. The quilt for Eric is made from his old band t-shirts that are a little too worn to wear in public but have enough that I can salvage them and make a quilt. I have a dream that they will be done by Christmas...

Bag-o-onesies
Bag of cordelia's baby clothes, waiting to magically turn into a quilt.

Bag of Onesies
For now the bag is Cordelia's kick sack.


I have countless projects going on for our etsy site Wyoming Rose. Clothes, vintage finds, jewelry, etc. I am also doing some of the photography for the site and sharing in the maintenance responsibilities.

I am working on 10 new silhouette pieces and 10 sculptures for our upcoming art show in March 2011. Eric and I are also making a video installation and that requires costumes, which I am designing.

I am teaching my last class of the semester tonight, final next week. Between now and then I have papers to grade and a test to write.

Eric and I are working on a short film.

I am on the last bit of my thesis editing, hoping to soon apply for graduation. A master's degree, fiiiiinalllyyyy.

I continue to write on my cookbook and a novel. Although admittedly these are currently on the back burner.

I am trying to get our rental to feel a bit more homey, slowly but surely.

I am spending time with family and trying to start new friendships.

I am trying to keep up with all of you!

You know I thought that I would have free time galore when I didn't have a full time job. Ha ha ha!

What do you have going on? Let it all out!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Holey moley lady! You are so busy!! P.S. Your shop is looking amazing!

AKM said...

I have three papers due on Thursday, along with a presentation. I also have a final tomorrow night and I volunteered (!) to assemble and proof our group paper that goes with the presentation. Next week is devoted to finishing To Kill a Mockingbird. I then plan on spending the holidays and the weeks leading up to 11 Jan (when school starts again) relaxing and enjoying my loved ones and doing NOTHING but fun things! :-)

E.K. said...

I hate to be Debby Downer, but "approximately one gazillion" things was a bit of a stretch. 500 kadillion maybe...maybe.

Tammie said...

holy cow. thats a list.

hmmmm....as for me im trying to crochet a blanket for my son. i hope it will be done by christmas but that seems kinda lofty. plus ive been doing some holiday baking and making things for the schools bake sale. other than that, basically trying to chill.

Tammie said...

oh, and as for erics comment, i LOVE debby downer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...