Thursday, January 13, 2011

Avalanche of Stuff

We are having company tonight, so naturally we decided yesterday was a good day to re-organize the whole place. Eric sent me a text asking what we need to do for company prep. I assume he meant to ask about mopping and groceries. I thought I might mention that weird noise the vacuum makes and that I am beginning to have serious questions about its suction.

So our texted discussion started off naturally enough Eric and I started by noting a few things that needed to be taken care of (little things, nothing major) and before you know it Eric had made it home and was buried alive in our storage unit as I was going through every single thing in Cordelia's closet. Certainly our guests will be rifling through our closets after they finish dinner...

Do you do that? One thing leads to the next and suddenly you are succumbing to an avalanche of stuff to be organized. Cordelia was quite helpful with the process, she emptied out her drawers when we hadn't even planned to go through them. Then she swirled all of her clothes into a stew of polka-dot and striped fabric.

After we had been tearing through our house for about an hour I noticed that Eric had disappeared, completely. Soon my phone rang, it was Eric in the storage unit. I went out to find him, literally neck deep in art and storage bins. He asked for a little assistance and then he was back at it.

We wrapped things up, sort of, and went to bed. When I awoke this morning I felt invigorated. Still there is a lot to be done. We now have piles to go to recycling, thrift stores, and 5 large storage bins to go to my mother. I will finish that up soon.

Now I just have to figure out what we are doing for dinner. Perhaps something with a baguette?

frenchstripoverall
Avec une baguette

5 comments:

Ash said...

this happens to us ALL THE TIME! It starts out with just doing laundry (and I mean DOING laundry, not washing and drying and then hanging over the end of the couch- which is typically what we do)- then it turns into cleaning out my never ending closet of clothes, then it's organizing our office, which has never been done and currently is our "storage" room, and on and on and on... weird how that happens? I wish I could just tackle one project, and do it completely before moving on to the next.. oh well!

Momma CupKate said...

I laughed until I snorted reading this. Makes me eager to organize.

Our Green Nest said...

YES I definitely do that!! One little project turns into many other little ones or one big one I guess. Hope your dinner party goes great!

PaisleyJade said...

Haha - we are so like that! What is meant to be a quick tidy up ends up being a total house redo - kitchen cupboards, linen cupboards etc. SO funny.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

YES that definitely happens. It is especially bad when tidying up and coming across a large box of old photographs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...