Friday, January 14, 2011

Dinner Guests

Last night we had some friends over for dinner. Eric came home from work and hauled off the recycling while I vacuumed and dusted. The house looked great, no hints of the explosion from the day before.

I had planned to make a curry, but then I realized a curry isn't always kid friendly. So, in the hope of pleasing even the youngest palette I made a last minute switch-a-roo and made soy pigs in a blanket. I jazzed them up a bit by adding pickle, sauerkraut, onion and mustard to each roll. We also had vegan baked beans and a huge green salad. For dessert I made a blueberry cake that was soooo good!

HUbby
Eric

We ate and then we sat around chatting while the younger generation played. Not so long ago we would have friends over for dinner and we would sip wine while we discussed art and music. Now our dinners involve juice (vegan pigs-in-a-blanket) and lots of diaper talk. Sure there is still talk of art and music, but the snobs in us have quickly disappeared and all of that pretentious energy is gone.

BFF
Cordelia with her new BFF

Cordelia had the most fun of all. She got to play with a big kid and to watch a baby. She had a blast running around, practicing her mimic skills. When we broke out the musical instruments for the kids it was a regular hootenanny.

Playing with her baby buddy
With the bay-bay

How was your night?



5 comments:

affectioknit said...

What a nice evening...

AKM said...

I had a good night! No class on Thursdays now, so I was able to catch "The Big Bang Theory" and I then fell asleep around 8 pm! :-)

Your soy pigs-in-a-blanket sound great! Add the rest of your menu and I'd be in heaven. What is your favorite soy dog? I think I get Yves at the health food store and they're pretty good. I just wish they were as cheap as real hot dogs. ;-)

Emily said...

Anytime you can use the word "hootenanny" to describe your evening, I'd say it was lots of fun! :) And dinner sounded yummy too. You might just have to post the recipe for the blueberry cake.

Eat My Words said...

I just want to say I love your blog. So peaceful, a little artistic, clean... awesome. Thank you.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

sounds like a fun night, blueberry cake sounds soooo good right now. The hubs and I just caught up on SNL and played some board games (quiet night :) )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...