Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kindness Bandit: Anonymous Words of Encouragement

kb

I know a man who has had a very difficult year. He has had a year filled with unimaginable hurt and in spite of it all he is one of the most kind and generous people I know of. He always has a smile, a hug, a handshake, a kind word. He is known for how much he has given to others over his life, not that he ever speaks of it, and you'd never guess it to look at him.

Today I sent him an anonymous letter, telling him that so very many people have been touched by his kindness. I wished him a speedy recovery and thanked him for being such a kind person. Hopefully it will brighten his day and make him feel cared for.

letter

8 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

My facebook book club is reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I think you'd like it; it's written entirely in letters.

affectioknit said...

So very sweet!

Stacy said...

I did a little Kindness Bandit work myself lately and am really hoping it remains unknown by the recipient.

Love that you told him how special he is.... so valuable.

Emily said...

I am sure it made his day. :)

KnitterMama said...

People like the man that you describe really amaze me. I have not known the kind of pain that I imagine you are speaking of and I can not imagine that if I did know it, that I would greet my days with a smile. I really hope that I would but I just don't know...

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

This is so great! Hope he gets better soon

AKM said...

That is a wonderful gesture!

singlemama said...

that's wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...