Friday, January 7, 2011

A Little Time To Grow

IMtulip

Eric and I have recently decided that we each need to take a little time for ourselves individually. Since becoming parents it has become more difficult to tear out those few extra moments for ourselves, but personal growth is so important to us as individuals, as a couple and as parents. We have committed ourselves to finding just a little more personal time during the week.

For Eric that means he is going to take a Tae Kwon Do class. He signed up for a class, calling around to find one that was not just for kids. When he arrived he discovered a bunch of kids in the 8-10 range. They were running around play fighting. Eric spotted an adult woman, hoping that they were just separating the age groups. He approached her to ask about the class and she gave him a look like he was a full on creep. Apparently he was given the wrong information and he was not in a class for just adults. The only adults were there with their kids. So he pretty much ran out of there. When he came home he decided to sign up for a class at the college where he could be certain that he would be amongst adults!

Last night I went to a small yoga class. The lights were dim, the mood was serene. We took our time to focus on breathing and then started the class. It was wonderful to let go and just focus on myself and the poses. I came home an hour later feeling refreshed and ready.

How do you make time for yourself?

4 comments:

Robin said...

Very late at night when all is peacefully quiet. Curled up on the couch with a book!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I work on art and read, bake, and crochet. The hubs plays video games and does sudoku. I would love to take a dance class or language class though...

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

I also go to a yoga class. I love it! I run and read blogs and books too. Me time is so important!

sophie said...

I haven't been here for so long and I love your new header, it's gorgeous! Well done on such a beautiful design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...