Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Newness

Holy smokes can you believe it is two thousand and eleven?! Spelling it out makes it seem so much more significant, don't you think?

How did you celebrate the big switch-a-roo? Eric and I watched Night of the Creeps (a 1986 movie about alien made zombies- read here) and had a little sparkling white wine.

IMG_2870

I like to make resolutions and I have a few this year, some are repeated because I didn't get them done last year and others are new:
  • Finish my degree. I apply for graduation in March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Run a marathon. I found a jog stroller so I have no excuses. Maybe I should start charting my progress here so I have some accountability...more on that soon.
  • Buy a home! Yep, I think we can do it this year. We've been back and forth on this many times, but things are starting to happen.
  • Have a joint art show with Eric.
  • Visit my peeps in Arizona.
  • Never use the term peeps again.
  • Continue to sew, craft, make art, etc.
  • Stop eating cookies like a freak.
  • Be a good wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend
What are your plans for the year to come?

P.S. What do you think of my new blog design? Thanks to Eric for the radical header!!

9 comments:

Half Empty or Half Full? said...

Love the new header a lot! It's been cool reading your blog for a year - thanks for being as dependable as the sunrise about posting - :)

..... Carmen said...

That header is SO awesome :) Happy New Year to you!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Love the new look!

Victoria said...

We had a super cozy quiet evening...watched my favorite British series, "As Time Goes By" (Mike indulged me!) and welcomed the new year with a whisper, a concept we are embracing this year. Love the new design!!....oh, and you must add "see the Copeland's" to your list!!!!!!!! xo..oh and Completely Full, of course!!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I love the new blog layout! Happy New Year :)

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Love it! Super cute!

AKM said...

Love the new header! It's so fun. I'm going to get a second job, keep up my 4.0, and walk more in 2011. :-)

Robin said...

Looks awesome!

sophie said...

Happy new year sweet Mariah (and Eric and Cordelia) I hope you all have a wonderful, meaningful and fulfilled year!! I have loved reading your blog and will continue to in the year ahead!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...