Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Vegan Sugar Cookie

Flour

I think this morning I need to make some sugar cookies. What about you?
Here is my vegan sugar cookie recipe:
  • 2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 c. softened vegan margarine
  • 1 1/2 c. vegan sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp EnerG egg replacer + 2 Tbs. warm water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • Optional: Colored sugar for the top of cookies
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl and cream the wet ingredients in a larger bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix until thoroughly integrated.
2. Put rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (now is the time to dip the top into colored sugar if you so desire).
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they are a bit golden.

Makes a lot of cookies, maybe 3 dozen.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yummy. When I was younger, it was a great day when I came home from school to find that my mom had made sugar cookies. Still they are a serious comfort dessert for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...