Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tree and Square Project

I have been busy working on a great many things, but I have one project that has been at the top of my list. I have been making a quilt for Cordelia out of her tiny baby clothes. I have a ton of clothes saved, but there were several that were stained or just not worth passing on. I put them all in a pile and started cutting through them.

Cordelia on squares


On one side I have the standard square blocks that I have been working on.

squares

The other side is a major expansion on an idea I read about here. I have taken the extra bits and cut them into leaf shapes. Next I cut a tree out of brown corduroy that has sweet pink dots all over it. I adhered the pieces to a pink and white striped fabric and have been sewing around it all, outlining it with embroidery floss.

Cordelia with tree

Blanket top and bottom

Cordelia sitting on the blanket

I think, perhaps, you may be able to guess what has slowed the production on this quilt. I have a little helper who is adorable, but not particularly helpful. Hopefully I will finish up in the next couple of days or weeks. I will be sure to show you the completed project!

What projects have you been working on?

9 comments:

On my way Home... said...

Nice work! What a great treasure! I've tried to do some sewing, but my little guy wants to sit on the chair with me, which doesn't work all that well. Sometimes I can get a few stitches in if I put him behind me and he can look over my shoulder. I've made some bean bags for him, otherwise I made a handwritten verse prints to give as gifts.

Tammie said...

oh i love this.

i wish i had saved some of my kids baby clothes, but at the time i never imagined learning to sew. poo!

Jenny said...

This is adorable!! And so is your helper!!
I am needing to de-stash in a big way, this would be a great project for that. : )

elizabeth said...

what a lovely idea!
i have a pile of my kiddos' baby clothes that i saved for this purpose . . . but it's still a pile . . .

i have been making, though. quilts and pj pants and coasters and a pillow cover, and some other stuff. i LOVE to sew!

and i see that the kindness bandit is back! that's awesome. :)

singlemama said...

wow ...

Ashley said...

This is beautiful! It's such a sweet idea, and the tree is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Oh my, Cordelia is so cute. This is so great.

Breastfeeding Queen said...

Oh I've always wanted to do this with my daughter Elle's clothes! I wish I had a sewing machine....

Robin said...

That is an awesome project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...