Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Kindness Bandit: I Need Your Help!

kb

About two years ago I met a mother and her two kids. The mother is very sweet and quiet. When Cordelia was born she gave us a small gift in celebration, true generosity from a family that does not have much. I have seen this woman donate her time to various efforts. She is quiet, she is kind.

When I see this woman and her children it has become increasingly clear that this is a family with real need. They wear the same clothes all the time, in fact I have only seen them all wear one outfit, and the kid's clothes are way too small.

Today I am hoping to enlist your help! Would you be willing to donate a gently used item or two to this family? I would like to just send them a bag of goodies anonymously. Are you game?
If so please email me at maria @ planetwimmer . com and I will give you more info.

The family is comprised of a mother I'd guess her to be about a size 10, but she would probably be well served by dresses, cardigans, jackets or even jewelry. She has an 8 year old son and a 10 year old girl (the girl is at that soft pre-adolescent phase and would most likely prefer very loose fitting clothes). The father is probably an XL. If you have some hand-me downs or just want to donate a pair of socks I am sure they would be well received! Thanks for helping me with this big Kindness Bandit Project!!!

8 comments:

AKM said...

Wonderful idea. I want to take part!

affectioknit said...

Maria that is so sweet! Definitely count me in! I'll gather some things up and get them in the mail today!

Momma CupKate said...

Game! Email has been sent. Vincent has chosen a Valentine's gift for Cordelia (supposed to be a surprise...shh...) so we'll include out stuff in that box.

singlemama said...

:-) I'd like to. but sizes here are completely different... :-(

don't kmnow. maybe I'll think of seomething...

sophie said...

count me in.

Emily said...

I'd like to help, so I'll be sending you an email...

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I can help! Do you still have my email or do you need it again?

Maria Rose said...

Keia, can you email me at maria @ planetwimmer . com ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...